MMI’s unique colloidal silica bonded monolithic refractory products offer an alternative to traditional refractory technology used in the glass furnace. Metpump® brand products can be used in different applications for cold and hot repairs, in emergencies and for scheduled repair projects.
- Full construction and major repair on chimneys, regenerators, canals and ports
- Full construction and major repair on all the melter tank areas: subpaving, working lining floor, glass contact walls, doghouse, upperstructure, tuckstones, endwall and melter crown
- Full construction and major repair on refiner, alcoves and forehearths.
- Cold minor / partial repair projects.
- Hot repairs using either Metpump® monolithic products or precast shapes
- Precast, prefired ready to used ceramic shapes for the glass furnace in any geometry and use: peepholes, burner blocks, pressure blocks, tuckstones, port sills, TC blocks, division blocks, cover blocks, etc.
- Metpump® High Alumina, Mullite, and Fused Silica Products
- Increased Furnace Availability – Shorter downtime
- Reduced Dry-Out Time
- Rapid Furnace Turn-Around
- Self Leveling Products
- Hot Repairs
- Crown Repairs while the Furnace is Running
- Lower inventory required for the end user
- Meaningful Energy Savings